|Share / Tweet / Pin Me!|
Exercices avec les chiffres
Numbers are one of the most basic and essential aspects of language, and at times one of the most confounding. Trying to make sense of numbers being rattled off in the form of prices, phone numbers, and dates can be extremely frustrating – and this is especially true with French double digits starting at 70. This selection of lessons and exercises will help you learn, remember, and understand French numbers of all kinds.
And to make it more fun, I’ve included some Itchy Feet comics!*
French Number Lessons
Cardinal Numbers (Counting)
- Approximate numbers (une douzaine – une vingtaine …)
- Fractions (un demi – un tiers …)
- Multiplicative numbers (double – triple …)
- Ordinal numbers (premier – deuxième …)
- Roman numerals (I – V …)
Miscellaneous Number Lessons
- Number troubles (e.g., deuxième vs second)
- Numerical adjectives and nouns
Grammar lessons and vocab lists related to concepts where numbers play a big part.
- Ages, birthdays, anniversaries
- Money and banking
- Telling time
- Weights and measures
PwLF super list of number lessons
Practice listening to random numbers:
Audio articles and videos to practice understanding French numbers in context.
* Itchy Feet comics are published here with the permission of Malachi Ray Rempen.
Itchy Feet website | Itchy Feet on Facebook
Share / Tweet / Pin Me!
You must log in to post a comment.