|le Pass vaccinal (app version)|
|Share / Tweet / Pin Me!|
Official French Expression
|Meaning||vaccine certificate, vaccine passport|
|Pronunciation||[pahs vah ksee nahl]|
|IPA||[pas va ksi nal]|
Usage notes: Le pass vaccinal, short for le passeport vaccinal, officially replaced the pass sanitaire on 24 January 2022. The two passes are pretty much identical* – the main difference is that the pass vaccinal is valid only for vaccinated pass holders, as opposed to the pass sanitaire which was also valid if the holder had a negative test result and/or proof of a recovery from COVID.
|En 2022, le pass sanitaire a été remplacé par le pass vaccinal.||In 2022, the health passport was replaced by the vaccine passport.|
|Le pass vaccinal est obligatoire pour accéder aux restaurants.||The vaccine certificate is required to enter restaurants.|
* It starts with a sheet of paper printed out by a medical professional or government official, which you then have the option to upload to the smartphone app TousAntiCovid. Either way, the QR code makes it easy to share your status with whichever business or governmental entity requests it, anywhere in the EU.
See lesson on le pass sanitaire for notes about the anglicism pass and its grammatical gender.
- Cordon sanitaire
- Distanciation sociale
- Emergencies and disasters
- Infectious diseases
- Pass sanitaire
- Travel French
- Attestation de déplacement dérogatoire
- « Nous sommes en guerre » (Adresse aux Français)
- La vie sous le confinement
Share / Tweet / Pin Me!