|Share / Tweet / Pin Me!|
Writing in French
To type accents in Android, I recommend the app Smart Keyboard.
- Download the app and install it on your device
- Go to “Language and keyboard” and check the “Smart Keyboard” box
- Go to “Settings > Language > Current Language” and choose “English (International)”
- Press inside any app’s text box in order to activate a popup menu. Choose “Input Method” and then “Smart Keyboard”
That’s it! Now you can type accents in any program by pressing and holding the button for the unaccented letter for a moment. A list of accented letters will pop up for you to choose from.
- To type à or ù, press and hold a or u, then choose à or ù.
- To type é, è, ê, or ë, press and hold e, then make your selection.
- To type ç, press and hold c.
Don’t use Android?
Share / Tweet / Pin Me!