Your doorway to a new language and a new culture
Think French is an intermediate-level French audiomagazine that is published exclusively online. Each monthly issue contains eight 2-page features on a variety of subjects related to France and other francophone countries, including travel, history, news, culture, interviews, book and movie reviews, recipes, and idiomatic expressions.
Here are the articles from the mai 2014 issue:
- Les Floralies internationales de Nantes
- Enjeux des élections belges
- Visite de la Ville de Bruxelles
- Le Festival de Cannes
- Une soirée aux Folies Bergère
- Biographie de Joséphine Baker
- Une journée à Disneyland Paris
- Dix expressions idiomatiques à connaître
Every issue of Think French also includes a lesson and a listen-and-repeat exercise.
Audio is provided for each article by several different native speakers, and all of the difficult words and phrases – many dozen per article – are bolded throughout the text and translated in a sidebar.
Think French offers an assortment of interesting features to help you work on your French listening and reading comprehension in a fun and informative way. You can access it online, or download the PDFs and MP3s to your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Here are some of the exercises I’ve created based on Think French articles:
- Aimé Césaire
- Chapeaux en France
- Comment utiliser les toilettes
- Cultures qui ont façonné le Québec
- Paris en août
and many more