If you live overseas and would like to meet more people, consider joining InterNations, the expat network founded in 2007 by three German entrepreneurs who have lived and worked abroad. As the first international expatriate community, InterNations connects expats who share similar interests and needs. Each branch hosts local events and activities, giving its members the opportunity to meet, network, and socialize on a regular basis.
With more than 1.3 million members in over 390 communities, InterNations is the world’s largest and most trusted online and offline expatriate network. There are 12 communities in France, 10 in Switzerland, 4 in Belgium, and 8 in Canada, just to give you an idea. Events and activities are organized on a regular basis; there’s usually at least one per month.
What can I do with InterNations?
- Meet fellow expats and internationals at events around the world.
- Improve your language skills with activity groups.
- Organize a tandem or group language session with expats or locals.
- Participate in many other activities like sports and dining.
- Learn about your current or future city in the InterNations expat guide.
How do I become a member?
Just provide some basic info to create your free account and you’re good to go.